Visitor Economy, Tourism & Culture
Be part of a sector worth £3bn
Greater Norwich is central to the East of England’s biggest tourist destinations including:
- The Broads is the UK’s only wetland National Park
- The city of Norwich is ranked 6th in the UK for day visitors
- The Brecks is home to England’s largest managed forest
- The beautiful Waveney Valley
The Norfolk and Suffolk Coastlines are all within easy reach.
The visitor economy employs over 54,000 skilled workers. There are huge opportunities for you to take advantage of the growing number of day visitors (estimated at 40 million) and overnight visitors, estimated at 12 million.
Our character defining market towns have a great range of independent shops and showcase the areas unique local features.
Businesses in Great Norwich and New Anglia have access to a wide range of cultural and tourism projects and funding.
You’ll be supported by our Visitor Economy team, who have recently secured EU funding to develop an Augmented Reality app to boost tourism and drive footfall for local businesses.
Greater Norwich offers competitive land rates and business lets, and is 45% cheaper than operating in London or Cambridge.
You can talk to one of our Greater Norwich officers, who can give you advice and support. Call today on 0345 877 8921.
£3 billion tourism sector
Access to 54,000 skilled workers
Connected to National Cycle Network Route 1 and the Norwich pedalways
• Royal Norfolk Show Ground • Whitlingham Broad • Bressingham Railway • Mid Norfolk Railway • Roarr! Dinosaur Adventure Park • Blickling Hall • Bure Valley Railway • Pettitts